Picture by dezinerfolio
Daily living is hard. Times are tough. It’s a fact right now for many of us. In the face of financial hardships many of us feel anxious, fearful and overwhelmed. We all want to feel a return of hope, happiness, and most importantly – security.
One of the ways to brings ourselves closer to this goal is to focus on the good things we already have. It’s so easy to list all the problems in the world, the newspapers and TV remind us every day. But there are just as many positive things in our lives.
Here is a reminder of just a few of the good things we may overlook:
- Having a loving spouse. If your spouse makes you laugh, helps with the chores or surprises you with unexpected gifts, consider yourself blessed.
- Being healthy. Having a headache and feeling tired can add to our strain, but when compared with more serious conditions our complaints fall silent.
- A nice home. This can mean many things; an organized home, a clean home, a warm and cheerful home or a sanctuary from the outside world. If your home fulfills any of these you’re lucky. If it fills them all you can celebrate.
- Fun things. This could be cable TV, lots of books, dinner out, a movie, music, your pool, game systems like Xbox and PS3, etc. How about your computer? Things like Facebook, You Tube and other sites provide lots of entertainment.
- Nice clothes. When we have plenty of money we may not notice this, but having clothes that are comfortable, in our favorite color or style brings lots of happiness. Just think how much you enjoy your favorite pair of jeans, sneakers or PJ’s.
- Your car. Have you given thought to your car lately? Whether your car is old but dependable, or new and fast, a car that runs well and doesn’t need repairs is something to rejoice over these days. (Trust me on this; I’m just happy mine hasn’t needed anything in a couple of months!)
- Adorable pet. A soft cuddly friend who is always waiting for you with a wagging tail can be a real mood lifter on tough days. Take a minute or two and play with your four-legged friend and you’ll both benefit.
- Beautiful children. Don’t let stress stop you from enjoying your children. Before playing with your kids stop and relax for a few minutes. Let their laughter and silliness lighten your heart and bring a smile to your face.
- Sunshine and moonlight. Stars sparkling overhead like diamonds on black velvet. Golden sunlight gleaming on the blue water. Nature is all around us, beautiful and free.
There’s lots more things to appreciate, but you get the idea. Time is short. Days pass by much too quickly. There is as much joy, fun and happiness as there is misery, but it’s harder to find. You have to look for it. Don’t let the good moments pass you by.