Top 20 ways to increase the fun and laughter in your life:
1. Read the newspaper comics every day.
2. Subscribe to a joke of the day service.
3. Own colored underwear, polka-dot socks or a funky purse.
4. Refer to your funny file at break time.
5. Watch comedies, cartoons, and funny commercials. Especially anything with laughing babies and silly pets.
6. Get on the floor and play with your dog.
7. Whenever you look at yourself in the mirror, smile.
8. Use favorite movies or books to explain concepts at work.
9. Play with squirt guns, yo-yo’s, bubbles or draw some doodles.
10. Be outrageous – go to a team meeting with a clown nose or find a partner and make faces at and see who laughs first.
11. Listen to fun songs, upbeat music and song parodies. Whatever puts you in a good mood and makes you chuckle.
12. Lighten up. Share embarrassing moments with others. Encourage them to share theirs; you’ll realize everyone screws up sometimes.
13. Make your own top 10 lists; top 10 reasons Batman would kick Superman’s butt, 10 reasons why working makes you happy, or 10 things you would do if you had a million bucks.
14. Go to the zoo, swing on the swings, frolic in the pool or jump on a trampoline.
15. Use colored pens, stickers and funny post-it notes to liven up your day.
16. Loosen up. Stretch, take a walk, read a new magazine, watch a TV show you’ve never seen before.
17. When stressed try to respond as your favorite comedian might. How would Robin Williams, Don Knotts, Jerry Seinfeld, George Carlin or Dane Cook respond?
18. Keep a list of your favorite bumper stickers and quotes. Disperse them in your conversation throughout the day.
19. Add humor to your daily to-do list. Try to raise your laughter quotient to new weekly, monthly or yearly heights.
20. Spread the joy. Shared laughter multiplies. Send some humor out and sit back and enjoy when you get some in return.