- 300 – yes it’s a bit violent and gory, but this is one kick-butt action movie. The cinematography is fantastic and it’s a great story to boot! Plus it doesn’t hurt to see all those fabulous Spartan warriors with 6-pack abs.
- Hot Fuzz – a bizarre romp with many twists and turns through a strange town with Simon Pegg as a smart and clever cop and Nick Frost as his bumbling partner. A great little comedy with an action-packed ending.
- Black Snake Moan – another somewhat violent movie, but with a good story. I like this movie because it gives you hope. Hope that you can overcome your problems. Hope that people are good and kind and decent.
- The Last Mimzy – was a great surprise. I thought it might be dull or boring, but was presently surprised to find an intriguing sci-fi movie. The kids are really cute and the idea of Mimzy is really cool. Very heart-warming.
- Bridge to Terabithia – this is a great movie! Creative, fun, and a wonderful family movie. It may be a bit slow-paced for some adults, but it’s worth watching. It will encourage you and your children to keep your mind open and your imagination ready for anything.