Ever want to read a book just for fun? I really love reading books written for children. It brings up so many fun things kids love but I’ve long since forgotten. The stories are adventurous, funny, and highly imaginative. Here are just a few of my favorites.
- Captain Underpants – funny book about two boys who hypnotize their principle into becoming the superhero Captain Underpants. Absolutely hysterical and not for anyone who can’t appreciate a full range of “potty-humor.” Check out Dave Pilkey’s site here (he’s the author), and the great Scholastic site here.
- Geronimo Stilton. Written by wonderful Italian author Geronimo Stilton, this is the fascinating tale of one mouse’s quest for a peaceful life. As a journalist for the fabulous Rodent Gazette, Geronimo lives and works in New Mouse City. Great artwork and interesting use of fonts and colors make this series a fun read.
- Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. A charming, merry old woman, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle has amazing cures for every kind of childhood misbehavior. Whether it’s answering back, not picking up their toys, or sibling fighting, this is one lady who knows exactly what magical remedy is needed. Look here for more.
- Dr. Seuss. One of my all-time favorites. Who can resist fantastical creatures, brilliant colors and some of the best rhymes you’ll ever hear. See the web site here.
- Franny K. Stein. Author Jim Benton has invented one of the funniest characters ever. Little Franny K. Stein is a young mad scientist who is misunderstood by her parents and schoolmates. Read the uproarious adventures as she works to fit in.
- Amelia Bedelia. I remember reading these as a child myself, but they’re even funnier the second time around. Poor Amelia is a maid who tries her hardest but just can’t quite get her instructions correct. Find out more here.
Try out a few today!