While cruising the Internet I found a few sites that listed uplifting and positive movies. Of course, many had different views of what a feel-good movie is. So, I put together a few of my favorites that were inspiring, and heart-warming or just fun and unusual. I’m sure I’m missing lots of great ones – what are your favorites?
Pay It Forward (2000) – One person can change the world. Shows how a simple homework assignment can change the lives of many people. See the power of kindness and generosity overcome pain and hardship. Watch it ripple across the lives of many different people. Touching and hopeful.
A Little Princess (1995) – one little’s girl adventures as she is sent to live in a boarding home while her father goes to war. The wonder and imagination of childhood shines through in this beautiful movie. “Don’t you know that every little girl is a princess?”
Second Hand Lions (2003) – Young Walter is left by his mother with his two eccentric great uncles while she straightens out her life. Walter soon wins their trust and affection as they regal him with stories of their adventurous youth.
- Star Wars (1977 -2005) – the power of good over evil, the beauty and vastness of space and the energy of the force.
- Lord of The Rings (2001 -2003) – good versus evil, breath-taking scenery, magic, and some of the best costume/character design ever. Shows how everyone has the ability to do great things – even the smallest person can triumph with perseverance and determination.
- The Green Mile (1999) – This is a great tale of a simple man who is in the wrong place at the wrong time. A good lesson in how not to judge people by their appearance. Very moving.
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006). The importance of family shines through in this comedy about a dysfunctional family who take their young daughter on a cross-country trip to participate in a beauty pageant final competition.
- Phenomenon (1996). John Travolta stars as a man who sees a bright light in sky and awakens to find he has super-intelligence and other special powers. Lovely movie about the human potential.
Check out these sites for a few other ideas: