Determination by ccgd
I am not by design a highly determined and motivated person. I tend to go with the flow and let life take me where it will. Most of the time this approach works well and I enjoy the journey. But when life takes you in a direction you no longer enjoy, it’s time to take charge of the trip.
One such change is happening now as I make a move to a new state. During the long process that led me to decide to move I had a lot of information to take in and evaluate. After much deliberating I made my choice. During this change I’ve had one setback after another, yet I’ve stayed firm in my decision. I knew I could not reach the goals I had for myself and my life by staying where I was.
Although I have been plagued by troubles both big and small, I was reassured by the knowledge that I had examined my life and circumstances thoroughly and my plan to move is sound. Even with the possibility that my new home might not flourish, I was resolved to see it through.
Having made a decision and deciding to stick with it, there were many benefits I found in having the determination to succeed:
- Finding strength to deal with difficulties because I trusted the soundness of my decision.
- Finding energy to deal with unpleasant tasks knowing a positive outcome is a result.
- Being adaptable and flexible to solving problems in order to reach my goal.
- Having an openness to asking others for help because I knew what I wanted.
- Being clear on the steps I needed to take to get my objectives accomplished.
- Setting reasonable time limits on how long it would take to finish each step.
- Making a to-do list so I could chart the progress I was making.
- Rewarding myself as I completed a big task along the way.
Overall, if though the journey has been rough, it reminded me that I’m tougher than I feel, and I was happy that I kept going even when the task was hard. And it made me appreciate even more the advantages that I’ll get from my move.
As a last note, I may be off-line for a week or so as I complete my move. Please feel free to browse my older articles, or spend time with your other favorite blog and Internet sites. I hope to see you back here soon!