- Give someone a hug. You’ll enjoy it too. If no one is available, hug your dog, your cat or your favorite teddy bear.
- Take 100 deep breathes. Stress makes us hunch our shoulders, clench our jaw and take shallow breathes. Instead, take a full deep breath, filling up your lungs. Count backwards from 100. Your muscles will relax and you’ll feel better.
- Have your favorite snack. We all have comfort foods. Those favorite items where the mere smell brings to mind happy memories. Indulge yourself from time to time for a delicious treat.
- Get away for a few minutes. Take a walk in the sunshine, read today’s comic strips, call a friend. Giver yourself a break from what’s bothering you.
- Relax. Enjoy a bubble bath, a chocolate milkshake; watch a movie, or whatever helps you feel good. When you feel good you’re better able to deal with life’s difficulties.